5 STAGE JOURNEY FOR YOUR ULTIMATE DESTINATION
We have a portfolio of wonderful boarding schools all over the UK which have been handpicked to suit all needs. Our experience in the industry has taught us a number of things and top of the list comes the need for variety and choice. Once the perfect match is selected and it's time to apply, UKAcademia promises to provide complete support from start to finish.
"Every destination starts with a thought, UKAcademia grab that thought AND make it real"
The 5 Stage Process
All of our schools offer wonderful provisions and it is our job to ensure that you are assessed and given options which best fit your needs. We have created a 5 Stage process to support you from start to finish.
Stage 1 – Profiler
During this stage we collect as much up-to-date information on the student as possible alongside conducting a Skype interview. This will build an overview of the students' current status and form a portfolio ready to match with UK institutions, before applying. Documents required at this stage are the following:
- Passport copy
- Academic reports
- Any supporting certification or references
Stage 2 – Academic Selection
During this stage we match the students' profile to appropriate institutions. Considerations factored at this stage are:
- Student aspirations
- Institution application criteria
We will provide continued advice and feedback in writing and on Skype if desired.
Stage 3 – Application Stage
Once the applicant opts for their chosen institution (we recommend at least two), we will fully assist in making the application. This will include the following:
- Application writing
- Personal Statement Writing
- Sending documents directly to the institution on the students behalf
- Supporting with organisation for interviews
- Representing the student as a direct contact for the institution
Once we have received offer letters from the institutions we will forward them to the student and advise on offer letter details as needed. Once the student accepts an offer, they will need to pay a deposit and registration fee directly to the institution. We will prove all support needed for this.
Stage 4 – Visa Application
At this next stage, the student will need to apply for their visa. We will fully support the student with this process and, if needed, we can connect the student to local advisors.
Stage 5 – Arrival Support
Once the student has received their visa we will assist with travel to the UK. An example of some of the services would be:
- Airport Transfers
- General advice
Our objective is to ensure that students are happy, settled and have support if needed.
UK Education System
The education system in the UK is divided into four key stages:
- Primary education - This begins in the UK at age 5 and continues until age 11, comprising key stages one and two under the UK educational system.
- Secondary education - From age 11 to 16, students enter secondary school for key stages three and four and start their move towards taking their GCSE's. Children in the UK have to legally attend primary and secondary education, which runs from about 5 years old until the student is 16 years old.
- Further education - Once a student finishes secondary education they have the option to proceed into further education to take their A-Levels, GNVQ's, BTEC's or other such qualifications. For UK students, this stage must be completed in order to enter higher education.
- Higher education - After further education, students move onto university where they partake in an undergraduate degree, which usually takes 3 years to complete, followed by post-graduate degrees or masters, PHD's and doctorates. Most international students will enter directly into the UK higher education system, after completing their home country’s equivalent to the UK’s “further education.”
International students can fit into any of the above categories, however there is a degree of more flexibility as English speaking and academic abilities are taken into consideration. Through assessment a student will be offered a place which is best suited to them and this could mean being offered a placement into a higher year group.
An example of countries we have recruited from over the past two years are as follows:
- Hong Kong - 24%
- Russia - 20%
- Thailand - 19%
- Vietnam - 16%
- India - 8%
- Nigeria/Turkey/Netherlands/Spain - 13%
How can UKAcademia Support You?
- We have contracts and very strong relationships with British Boarding Schools
- We have supported over 200 students and families with placements into schools
- There are a number of scholarships and bursaries available
- Over 15 years of experience in UK schools and international markets
- Simple and expert approach to all of our work
- We offer a range of services and opportunities for families to experience life in a boarding school before making a decision to stay long-term